Tuesday 21 October 2008

The OU Mass Writing Project

See bookfragments

Well, certainly an intriguing project.

I've just sent my details to Darrel & was surprised & pleased to get a personal response. That'll be a big commitment if he manages that for all 85 volunteers plus reserves! I wanted to get my application in early, because I suspect there'll be a lot of interest... at least I hope so.

My initial thoughts on the project - fascinating idea. The Processing environment looks interesting in its own right. I occasionally write, and I teach, but not had a chance to be so involved in creating teaching materials in this way - it should stretch me in interesting ways. But I'm a little scared - will I have the time to do a good job? It sounds like a big commitment - learn the environment, pick a topic, write a chapter, illustrate with two programs, maintain a blog, undoubtedly fritter time away monitoring the blogs of my fellow writers. All in my "spare time", whatever that was.

No comments: